Cloud Native Applications

Recently, in the market driven by ever-changing software and customer needs, almost every company is required to use cloud infrastructure to keep pace with the demands of the modern world. To do this, both the application and its data need to be externalized from the company's infrastructure. This cloud orientation must be kept in mind during software and application development. Applications need to fit into the microservice architecture, i.e., has to be cloud-native.

Cloud-native applications, in contrast to traditional monolithic software, use a microservice architecture. This means instead of a large indivisible software, the application is made up of many smaller and simple components. These service components operate independently, but communicate with each other to ensure collaboration. We can develop the these service components ourselves, but also we can use third-party applications provided by the cloud provider.

The components of a cloud-native application are packaged in containers, so an application is made up of the collaboration of multiple containers. This approach has several benefits: containers provide isolation between components, they are easily accessible and can be scaled separately. A container can be created or stopped quickly and easily at any time, and perhaps most importantly, they ensure the hardware and platform independence of the application.

As their name suggests, cloud-native applications run in cloud systems. However, this does not mean that the used software necessarily have to be externalized into a public cloud provider's infrastructure, as we can also use a private or hybrid cloud to run our applications. Cloud provides almost “infinite” computing and storage capacity as well as application lifecycle event management. Consequently, the developers can focus on what they do best, the application developing. Cloud-native applications can be managed dynamically and automatically thanks, they are started and stopped on demand, and scaled to suit the current customer needs.

Benefits of the Cloud Native Appliactions


The cloud native application is able to adapt to user needs automatically and as quickly as possible. No more program or service failures due to overload and version upgrades.

Agility & Flexibility

No more hardware or platform dependencies. Cloud native applications can be easily moved between different environments to thanks for containerization.


Due to the microservice architecture, any failed component can be replaced automatically and quickly. The cloud-native application is able to recover from unexpected system failures and continue the operation right there where it was stopped.

How can we help you?

We help to make your application cloud-native to run it anywhere in the cloud instead of your own hardware.

Use a microservice architecture instead of the legacy monolithic software approach. Why would you reinvent the wheel when 80% of your required application could be realized from already existing software components? According to us, rather focus on the remaining 20%. We help you design the microservice components, needed for your application, and the connections between them. Together, we will modify your software to fit the microservice concept, paving the way for future software modification, expansion and scaling.

For your application to be ready for cloud, forget the monolithic solution and think in distributed approaches. Your new application as a microservice topology is made up of many small components, all of which are containerized in an IaaS cloud platform like AWS Amazon or Microsoft Azure. However, moving to the cloud is not just a simple click on a platform, we help you plan every step of the process and find the right cloud infrastructure for you.

A cloud native application is by definition agile and flexible to any change in the underlying infrastructure. Traditionally networks are not prepared to effectively handle the continuous movement of components within your own corporate network or private cloud system. An effective approach to this is Software Defined Networking (SDN), which allows you to program the forwarding in your network regardless of the used hardware. If you would apply the latest SDN network but don’t know how to start it, feel free to contact us!

Have you any questions? Contact us!